Monday, February 13, 2006

Footprints in the code base of NetBackup..

Lives of great programmers all remind us
We can make our code sublime
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints in the (source) code bases of softwares..

Yes, that should have reminded you of 'A Psalm of Life' by H.W.Longfellow. I'm A.P.Shortfellow here. Longfellow used to write, maybe for a living as well. I (aka Shortfellow) too write for a living, but my scope is restricted. I write English in a syntactical format, and what I write, along with what several hundred people like me write, is fed to some tool, which churns out what the world calls software.

After working for more than 4 years in the software industry, I find myself in the position of a software developer (politically correct term: Software Engineer). Recently I decided to move out of a team. The current team I work for, is part of a world class product named NetBackup.

Today happens to be a milestone in my working career. It's the first time that I have checked in code in the NetBackup source code base. Leaving one's own footprint in the source code base of such world class products makes one feel good.

And so long as I like my work, nothing beats it. Every other activity is fuelled by achievements at work, and assures that life's not a drag. So Feb 13th also becomes an important date now. Feb 14th is celebrated by most of the world. Feb 15th - Galileo and I.

Good times.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger vindy said...

HEy nike welcome to the other side of software devel. Bug Production! U were a Bug detector earlier... now be a Producer :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home