Sunday, January 01, 2006

This movie defines "cult classic" - Fight Club

I would be the zillionth writer quoting this, or may be zillion times zillion. But you know, that's why there have been the zillion ones before this, and in all probabilities will be more.

This is how wikipedia defines 'cult classic':
"A cult classic is a cultural artifact (e.g. a movie or TV show) or group of works (e.g. songs by a certain band) that may not achieve widespread mainstream popularity but does attract a cult following, i.e. devoted, even fanatical, attention from a select group".

Well, for those who have not seen this movie, I would still say you are very lucky. I'd advise you to read Chuck Palahniuk's novel (Fight Club) on which this movie is based. If you are not interested in reading, never mind, see the movie. It is equally well made. There are umpteen things I could quote about this movie, but I do not want to. As a start point, refer to Fight Club's IMDb page.

There is enough trivia that you can find about this movie on the Internet that can satisfy you for a lifetime. The more I read the more I find. And the same is true of the movie. The more number of times you see the more you find.

Forgive me, Tyler, for violating rule 1 and 2 of Fight Club. Here are the 8 golden rules of Fight Club:

#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.

#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

#4 - Two guys to a fight.

#5 - One fight at a time.

#6 - No shirts, no shoes.

#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Happy reading, happy watching. At the end of this, I am tending to realise that I have blogged this more for myself than for anyone else ;)

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous FFF said...

I know the feeling. Fight Club is one hell of a movie. It leaves us disturbed for years.

And remember, there's always someone reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home