Monday, February 20, 2006

The long pursuit..

2005, the year I will remember mainly as the long hair year. Dshud said I should be growing long hair and both of us went into this not-to-have-a-haircut mode. Fair enough for her, I thought, as a girl she must have been used to it - maintaining long hair, that is. I signed up nevertheless.

All guys who have sported long hair will concur with me here. There are 2 phases, which if a guy can survive, then there is no stopping from sporting long hair. But those 2 phases are very crucial. The first phase is when the hair grow to a stage when they are more than overgrown, but not fit to be called as 'long hair'. A time when a truckload of unsolicited advice comes your way. 'I do not think long hair will suit you', 'Do you really think you want to do this?', 'Sheesh, go have a hair cut' and the likes will haunt you.

A few days later, you need to trim your hair which are now haphazard in shape. Once they are levelled, they would look better once the length of the hair is worth being called 'long'. But before one reaches this milestone, there is another overgrown-but-not-really-long stage. Another round of unsolicited advice. And those who fall weak here, generally never pursue this further. But those who wade their way past this stage, and go on to the stage where they feel satisfied with the length of hair, the high is awesome.

I did grow my hair long, and for some strange reasons, having a digital camera at hand, I never took pictures of how I looked then. I managed to pick out a few photos taken by my ever-so-good friends a couple of months before I finally had a.. yes, haircut.



About to sleep at Rajgad. I manage to carve out a smile for an enthusiastic Tejas Mulay.







Having breakfast on the Rajgad trek. The hair aren't tamed at all, as can be seen obviously. Gives prominence to the hair.






Peacefully enjoying at the nedha at Rajgad. Few forts in Sahyadri have this nedha, about which I'll write sometime later.









Not fully awake as yet.. Nothing like trekking in the rainy season, especially in the Sahyadri mountain range. Lush greenery, and I can go on..




Hookah @ Shisha Cafe.. A different angle, something that suits the look, eh?










5 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger nkshirsa said...

sahee hain .. accha dikhta hain .. i'd grow them again if i were u..
:D

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Storm said...

It had started looking quite good I'd say :)... too sad you chopped it off :D.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Aniket Anikhindi said...

that's the sort of motivation i was looking for, you guys! i had a hair cut just a week back. let me now start growing them again. i hope summer doesn't play spoilsport
:D

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger nkshirsa said...

ya grow them. it looks good

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger vindy said...

I would suggest u get ur hair blonde and have 2 pony tails either sides over ur ears... (u know those swiss girl types ) :D :))

But again, try a single pony tail with a lot of brylcream over it+ attired in sleek thin rimmed black goggle with a seleveless wacky designed shirt and a shiny black trouser, and pose with ur guitaar! :)

too much haan.. u r better off with short hair and a french beard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home